Today my pastel class started back up for the spring. I pulled out the painting of the Ponte Vecchio bridge in Florence I started in February, whispering a quick thanks that all the rain from yesterday had stopped.
I'm pretty close to finished with this one. I spent time today working all over the paining, especially the windows. I changed the color of the building in the background - it was too light after my first pass on top of the underpainting.
You can see I've been using the extra flap of UArt to test out my colors before applying them.
I acquired some new colors in the month between classes, trying to match some of the aqua blues and beiges in my reference photo. I also picked up some Diane Townsends from Dakata, including a nice grey set. These were harder pastels than I expected. Just looking at them you'd expect them to be as creamy as Great Americans. I'd like to add some more to my collection, and I realized this morning that a new (or second) wooden box is in my near future. Very near.