I'm not a huge fan of tying ribbons on my bindings - which someone at Scrapbook.com referred to as "ribbon sneeze." But I do like to add things - things that dangle & move. So here's a few other options for you. I'm handing these off a Bind-it-all binding, but these will also work on binder rings. You need something sturdy with either a big hole or a place to put a hole. If you're using Bind-it-all binders, you need to be able to slip it over both wires or else it makes turning pages difficult.
If the hole's not big enough to thread through the rings/wires - get creative! I used tagger tails from Around The Block. I took several of the long tagger tails and used them like a loop - threading one end through the hole, around the binding, then back through the hole again.
So here's a few examples (left to right):
- An epoxy "&" sign (Making Memories) - right through the hole
- Empty tag rims (Making Memories)
- Epoxy flower (Making Memories) - punched a hole w/ my crop-a-dile and used a tagger tail
- Epoxy charm - again, used the tagger tail
- Prima crochet flower - tagger tails, but threaded through the solid part of the flower, not the holes
- A rectangular paperclip
- A binder clip (and you could easily clip something to it)
- An acrylic charm (Go West)
- Button - using tagger tails and threading through the buttonholes
- Soft charm (Around the block) - the metal loop fits right over the binding